Elizabeth – 5 weeks old
Today Elizabeth is exactly five weeks old, so hard to believe. You wait and wait to meet your baby and then the times just flies by!
• She is still wearing newborn clothes and a couple of small 3 months outfits. I am guessing she is between 8.5 and 9 pounds now. We have just a few newborn diapers left, I am sure we will be through them by the end of the day and then she will be wearing all size 1!
• She has gotten a little too big for her swaddle blankets like this one that a friend gave to me (which I never had for the boys but now think they are the best thing ever!) so she has slept for the past few nights without a swaddle and has done fine.
• At night she eats around 9 and then gets up once between 3 or 4am, then goes right back to sleep. Two nights last weekend she slept until 5:45 and 6am! Unfortunately those nights Zachary woke up multiple times because the poor boy is getting 4 teeth in at once.
• Elizabeth still has her umbilical cord stump, it is literally hanging on by a strand, stinkin’ thing doesn’t want to let go! All three boys lost theirs way before now, I’m ready to give this girl a real bath!
• She is just such a content baby, she is on a great schedule and is easily soothed if she is upset, I am so thankful!
• Her big brothers love her to pieces.
Andrew was pushing her in the stroller last night on our walk and there were some big dogs barking behind a fence and he stopped walking and very loudly said “SHHHHHH!!!” a few times. I asked him what he was doing and he said, “I’m telling them to be quiet.” I asked why and he said, “because my baby sister is sleeping and if they keep barking like that it’s going to wake her up!”
One day over the weekend Spencer overheard Joshua talking to her saying, “I love you so much, you are so sweet, I just love you.” I think that the two of them will have a very sweet relationship! When he talks about her he always calls her “Elizabet Wose.” Sometimes if she is fussing he will sing to her and the other night I heard him sing “Jesus Loves Me” but sang “Yes, Jesus loves you, yes, Jesus loves you” to her instead!
Zachary has perfected saying “baybee” and although he is still a little rough likes to show his affection
Here are some pictures of Elizabeth and Joshua for comparison, although the angles aren’t the same you can see a slight resemblance. (First one is Joshua as a brand new baby, then Elizabeth, then one of Joshua at about a month old.)